Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 22: Done with hiatus

I have not updated the blog in a month or so and in a lame attempt to not look lazy I will blame any of the following

1) Vacation
2 Stanley Cup Finals
3) Last month before returning to work
4) Nice weather

The last one is a joke since anyone living in Vancouver knows the weather has been crappy. 

We did go a little vacation to Maui and this post is about that trip. We had some nice meals while we were there but I want to write about "The Fish".

So Jayson and I went for a little fishing trip and within the first 20 minutes of setting the lines we had a fish on. Jayson took that fish and lucky for him because for the next 5 1/2 hours we did nothing but soak the gear. Jayson pulled in a nice short-billed spearfish which is a fairly rare catch off of Maui.
Jayson and the fish.
Now I know this blog is about cooking new things but since I had never had short-billed spearfish I decided to include it. To cook the fish I took the fresh filet and seasoned it with salt and pepper and a little olive oil then I dropped it right on the grill and it was amazing. The fish had a nice mild flavour and a wonderful texture (almost like chicken).
The filets waiting to be brought home.

No comments:

Post a Comment