Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 3: Back in the saddle...

So after what will be referred to as the "Tuscan farro bean incident" last week I wanted to come out swinging this week. Jamie was having a couple of friends over so I thought lets try a new recipe on them. I decided to make veggie and chicken enchiladas. Now I know you are thinking what is new about enchiladas? The thing is that I love enchiladas but I have never actually made them at home for myself. I found a nice little recipe on the Canadian Living website (http://www.canadianliving.com/food/chicken_enchiladas.php) and started cooking. For the veggie enchiladas I substituted black beans for the chicken. I also added a little mexican tomato rice that we make for our burritos to both the veggie and chicken enchiladas. 

Mark's thoughts: tasty meal with limitless possibilities for filling, etc. I thought that the sauce was a little weak. The next time I am going to look for a sauce that has a little more POW! both in flavour and spice. It was a perfectly adequate sauce but it could be so much more than that.

Jamie's thoughts: Loved them! What more could she say;-)

Stayed tuned for next week when I tackle chocolate hazelnut gelato!


Top left: veggie filling. Top right: enchilada sauce. Lower left: tomato rice. Lower right: chicken filling. All cooking at the same time. It must be the Ph.D. that allows me to do this;-)

Ready for the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment