Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 27: Finally back to blogging

So at the beginning of July I started back to work Jamie started a new job and Luca started full time alternating at daycare and with the Grand parents. Apparently this was ended up being tougher than I thought. It has taken me several weeks but I have finally got around to writing something again. This entry includes a couple quick things I whipped up over the span of a week and a half. 

The first was a crispy goat cheese salad. Years ago when Jamie and I lived in Italy we did a weekend trip to the South of France with our friend Lucie. While there I was introduced to warm goat cheese salad and I loved it. I had not had one in years and then I was watching Food Network one day and this lady was making one that sounded super easy. I will just describe the making of the goat cheese because it would go with whatever favorite salad you might like to make. Here is what you will need

1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup rosemary infused oil (I used plain olive oil and threw some rosemary into the bread crumbs)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or some dried thyme)
1 package of goat cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix bread crumbs and salt and pepper and add 2-3 tsp of oil to dampen the crumbs. Spread on baking sheet and toast in oven until golden brown. Allow to cool and then toss in thyme and rosemary.


Slice goat cheese into 1/2 inch disks. Brush with remaining oil then coat with bread crumb mixture. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes and enjoy. 


The next recipe is for a yummy cherry sauce that I served over brownies. It is cherry season here so it only made sense to make a cherry sauce. The recipe called for


2 cups of pitted cherries
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp kirch (I used about 4 tsp of port instead)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest

Stir everything into a medium sauce pan over medium heat until it boils and thickens (about 5 mins). That is it super easy ans super yummy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment