Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ongoing projects...

This mid-week post is to keep track of a few longer "cooking" projects I want to work on. I want to take a crack at the following items
  1. sourdough starter
  2. ginger ale
Since both of these require more time, well the ginger ale only takes a few days but I need to get a 2 litre plastic bottle which, when you do not drink pop, is harder then it seems. I actually had this grand plan to make home made root beer but after looking for recipes on the net for a while that did not include root beer extract I realized that the ingredients are a little hard to come by here in Vancouver. So ginger ale it is although I do plan on mixing it up a little by adding some raspberry puree.


Back to the point, since these are longer projects I thought I would mention them now and then update the blog periodically as things progress. So stay tuned for updates on making ginger ale and sour dough starter while fumbling through raising a 7 month who eats like a horse.

1 comment:

  1. Don't go thinking these count as your "extra recipe" after the Michigan fiasco :-)

    ReplyDelete